Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Now it might be serious

Trip to neurology - check
Trip to eye doctor - 20/20 vision, no problems
today's trip to the DDS - not as good


During my recent health worries I have had a salivary gland that has been slightly swollen.  My GP didn't feel it but today I asked my dentist to feel it and sure enough, it's enlarged.  He was quick to say it probably wasn't serious and wouldn't lose any sleep over it but as you know I'm not the type not to worry.

He did say to go back to the doctor and get it checked by an oral surgeon just to be safe.  So now I have an 8:45 appt at my doctor on Friday.  The gland is soft and movable which usually indicates something of benign origin but that doesn't stop me from worrying that I'm looking at Lymphoma face to face.  My only hope is that it hasn't spread much.

Another ADM election has come and gone and still nothing to show for.  This time I finished last in a field with three other women with limited talent.  And to nobodies shock, the least qualified candidate won, Bonita.  Yes, mid 70s Bonita who rarely even writes.  I also lost to Pardeep and a 15 year old.

I hate to say it but Bonita has vowed to take this blog out of my control during her reign saying she'll hold me to my promise to include this blog in the elections.  While I had the guts to go against Debra and Joyce the last time this happened, there is simply no way I can go against Bonita.  She can and would make my life a living hell if I resisted her and I won't dare take that chance.

I'm obviously depressed about this but I have little fight left.  If this blog is to be included in all future elections, there's a good chance I'll never get to run it again.  After a few close elections, I can't seem to get to first base any more.  I do want to personally thank Nonsequitur, Limittest, Lauren and Andrea for voting for me.  You guys mean a lot to me.

I am hoping Bonita will turn this blog over to Andrea but I doubt that'll be the case.  I'll do my best to suck it up and continue to contribute but it'll be hard with someone else running things.  I know it's easy to start another blog but I am not going to do that.  Until I can get a clean bill of health, especially with the swollen gland, I probably won't be of much use around here anyway because my mind is tormented by thoughts of cancer.

Susan

1 comment:

Steph said...

haha, looks like this is your last post anywhere for quite a while.